It can be exciting to start or buy into a business. However, before long you might find yourself bogged down in the number of technical considerations you need to make, when really all you want to do is get on with making or selling your product or service.
Let us worry about getting the business structure set up, the contracts ‘right’, making sure your property is protected, leasing arrangements, and so on. We’ll work together with you and your accountant to ensure that the paperwork for your business structures (such as trusts, partnerships) is all in place. Our aim is to give you peace of mind that all your ‘t’s are crossed and ‘i’s dotted so that you can get your new business venture off to a flying start.
Leasing & Retail Shop Leasing
We have a significant experience in the leasing of retail, commercial and industrial property. We act for clients who are the lessors of large commercial buildings, retails shops and industrial buildings. Our expertise includes:-
- Preparing and negotiating agreements for lease, leases, lease variations and lease renewals
- Ensuring statutory compliance with retail shop lease legislation
- Advising in relation to disputes including representations in retail shop lease disputes
Whether you are looking to enter into a Lease of Sharefarm Agreement for a rural property or agisting livestock on a rural property, it is vital that the agreement accurately reflects the understanding of the parties involved.
We can provide you with professional legal advice tailored to your specific circumstances and can assist in:-
- Drafting a Lease or Sharefarming Agreement including special conditions to suit your circumstances
- Reviewing a Lease of Sharefarming Agreement to ensure that the agreement accurately reflects your instructions and understanding
- Advising you in relation to the legislative requirements of the Lease of Sharefarming Agreement
- Assisting in undertaking due diligence enquiries and searches prior to execution of any proposed Lease or Sharefarming Agreement to ensure that any issues in relation to the property are addressed
- Advising you in relation to a Breach of Lease Notices and resolving disputes
- Assisting you in recovering unpaid rent, interest and additional costs associated with a breach of a Lease
Companies & Trusts
We have a proven track record in tailoring and establishing entities to suit your needs including private companies, unit trusts, discretionary trusts and hybrid trusts.
We can provide you with expert legal advice and assist you with the negotiation and preparation of a range of financial security-related documentation including:-
- Loan Agreements
- Security Agreements (including Mortgages and Charges)
- Investor Agreements
We can provide you with advice on your lending and security rights, obligations and responsibilities , registration of security interests on the Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR) as well as debt recovery and enforcement of collateral.