Edgar and Wood Solicitors’ history dates back to 1899 and through all this time it has enjoyed a high profile reputation in the local community.
In June 1899, the late William John Vowles first opened his law practice. As well as running the practice, he was a prominent figure in the Dalby community, and went on to become a well recognised local and state politician.
William Vowles served as Dalby Mayor between 1907 and 1909 and was then the local member for State parliament from 1911 to 1926, which included a stint as Leader of the Opposition. Vowles was still serving as an Alderman on the Dalby Town Council when he passed away in August 1943.
His son, V.V. ‘Billy’ Vowles then took over the practice and was also a well-known figure in the community.
In 1952, Mr Justin O’Sullivan bought the practice and when Mr John Edgar joined the firm in 1969 the firm changed its name to Justin F. O’Sullivan and Edgar.
Mr J. O’Sullivan’s son, Frank, joined the firm in 1980, but eighteen years later, father and son retired from the firm’s partnership. Michael Wood was then admitted to the partnership, having been with the firm since 1991, when he was first articled to Mr Edgar.
In 2000, the firm became known as Edgar and Wood Solicitors.
Sadly, John Edgar passed away in 2018.
Michael Wood, backed by a team of legal and administrative professionals, continues to serve the community by holding firm to traditional values and incorporating a contemporary approach to legal matters.